Top 10 Favorite Travel Quotes
Disclosure: As an Amazon Affiliate, I may earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you.
A compilation of travel quotes feels equivalent to a collection of fantasies and day dreams right about now. But I suppose that’s rather appropriate for this year, as I’ve had plenty of time to day dream while practicing social isolation. And those memes about filling my passport with trips to the kitchen, the couch, and my bed? I smile and laugh, but secretly they feel a little too real for comfort. Anyone else earning frequent flier miles for trips to the fridge?
I’ve slowly accepted that the closest I’ll get to traveling Europe this year is the puzzle of Amsterdam I did in my living room. In my still moments, I’m reading everything I can by Irish authors. And in my more restless moments, I’ve contemplated joining others in recreating famous works of art with random things I can scavenge from around my house. Am I desperate enough to create an airplane window view out of a toilet seat and laptop background? Well, it’s not quite that dire yet. But it’s close.
And I’ve found that each passing week seems to get just a little bit harder. I’m struggling with a serious case of cabin fever here! So while I try to maintain my sanity over here, please enjoy this list of my top ten favorite travel quotes and proverbs. I’ve ordered them in a flow that tells its own wanderlust-filled story.
My Top 10 Favorite Travel Quotes
1.“Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before.” -Dalai Lama
2. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” -St. Augustine
3. “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” -Lao Tzu
4. “He who is outside his door already has the hardest part of his journey behind him.” -Dutch Proverb
5. “Your feet will take you where your heart is.” -Irish Proverb
6. “Not all those who wander are lost.” -J.J.R. Tolkien
7. “Live your life by a compass, not a clock.” -Stephen Covey
8. “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” -Robert Louis Stevenson
9. “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” -Ibn Batutta
10. “A man does not belong to the place where he was born, but where he chooses to die.” -Orson Welles
Now I know there are a lot of travel quotes out there, and I’ve only shared a few of them. I’d love to hear from you. So tell me, what are your favorite travel quotes, and why do they speak to you?
If you’re looking to do a little more day dreaming on traveling to escape the harsh and bizarre realities of 2020, check out Clarice’s Travel Bucket List. Until next time, I hope your pants stay comfy and your fridge is full!